September is National Chicken Month, and we’re celebrating with Yucatan Rice Bowls featuring Chickentopia® no antibiotics ever, 100% veggie fed Spicy Chicken Chunks! Power bowls are easy to execute and allow for plenty of customization, making them perfect for lunchtime. Try adding this protein-packed, fiber-filled recipe featuring spicy sriracha flavored, whole grain breaded chicken to your menu!
Yucatan Rice Bowl with Spicy Chicken Chunks
Makes approximately 30 servings.
- 120 Chickentopia® spicy sriracha flavored, whole grain breaded chicken chunks
- 15 cups cooked brown rice
- 10 cups cooked black beans
- 10 cups cooked sweet corn
- 7 ½ cups guacamole
- 7 ½ cups pineapple pico de gallo (recipe below)
- 3 ¾ cups crumbled queso fresco
For the Pineapple Pico de Gallo:
- 1 ¼ cups red onion, small diced
- 5 cups tomatoes, small diced
- 2 ½ cups fresh pineapple, small diced
- 10 minced jalapeños, seeds removed
- 10 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- 10 fresh lime juice
- 10 kosher salt
- Prep the pineapple pico de gallo in advance by combining all ingredients in a large bowl. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. If oven has a convection feature, turn it on. Arrange chicken chunks on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy with an internal temperature of 165ºF. Let chicken chunks sit for 3-5 minutes before assembling.
- To assemble, arrange bowls and place ½ cup of cooked brown rice in the bottom of each. Add 1/3 cup cooked black beans and 1/3 cup cooked corn. Top each with four chicken chunks, ¼ cup pineapple pico de gallo and ¼ cup guacamole.
- To finish, garnish each bowl with two tbsp. crumbled queso fresco and serve immediately.