Set students up for a successful day at school by providing plenty of protein-packed breakfast options, like this one featuring whole grain, non-GMO breaded chicken breast filets.
Breakfast is key to student performance, as those who participate in school breakfast show improved attendance, behavior, and academic achievement. Make the first meal of the day a fun and delicious one with this combination of crispy chicken and spicy jalapeño honey. Learn more about the benefits of breakfast here.
Sweet and Spicy Chicken Biscuit
Makes approximately 30 servings.
- 30 Merrywood Farms™ or Chickentopia® whole grain breaded chicken filets
- 30 whole grain biscuits
- 2 cups honey
- 2 jalapeño peppers, halved
- Preheat oven to 400˚F. If oven has a convection feature, turn it on.
- In a small sauce pot, combine honey and jalapeños. Bring to a simmer and remove from heat. Let stand for 30 minutes and then strain through a fine mesh strainer.
- Arrange chicken filets on a parchment lined baking tray. Cook 15-25 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy with an internal temperature of 165˚F.
- Heat biscuits in the oven and cut in half. Insert chicken filets and drizzle with 1 tbsp. jalapeño honey per serving. Serve immediately.
To find out more about how Somma Foods can provide nutritious, clean label products for you and your customers, contact us at 214.984.3600 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.