Street food-inspired dishes and exotic spice combinations continue to prove popular on restaurant menus, so why not give traditional chicken tenders an innovative twist by serving them in a bánh mì sandwich? Typically served on a baguette, these colorful sandwiches got their start during the French colonial period in Vietnam, when street vendors combined French bread with local Vietnamese ingredients like cucumbers and pickled carrots.
This recipe combines Chickentopia® no antibiotics ever, 100% veggie fed Spicy Chicken Tenders with pickled vegetables and sweet chili aioli.
Sriracha Chicken Tender Bánh Mì
Makes approximately 30 servings.
- 90 Chickentopia® spicy sriracha flavored, whole grain breaded chicken tenders
- 30 8-inch sections of crusty baguette, cut in half lengthwise
- 5 cups English cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 5 cups carrots, julienned
- 2 ½ cups red radishes, thinly sliced
- 5 cups pickling liquid (recipe below)
- 5 cups sweet chili aioli (recipe below)
- 1 ¼ cups picked cilantro leaves
For the pickling liquid:
- 3 ¾ cups rice vinegar
- 1 ¼ cups water
- 10 tbsp. sugar
- 10 kosher salt
- 5 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
For the sweet chili aioli:
- 3 ¼ cups mayonnaise
- 1 ¾ cups sweet chili sauce
- 10 tbsp. low sodium soy sauce
- 5 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- Prep the pickling liquid by combining all ingredients in a sauce pan and bringing to a boil. Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a large bowl, combine cucumbers, carrots, radishes and pickling liquid. Let stand refrigerated for one hour. Drain liquid and mix in cilantro leaves.
- Prep the sweet chili aioli by combining all ingredients in a large bowl and mixing well. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. If oven has a convection feature, turn it on. Arrange chicken tenders on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy with an internal temperature of 165ºF. Let chicken tenders sit for 3-5 minutes before assembling.
- To assemble, arrange cut baguettes and top with three tenders each. Add pickled vegetables and spread two tbsp. sweet chili aioli on top baguette halves. Serve immediately.