September is Food Safety Education Month and National Chicken month! Celebrate by serving sweet and savory honey garlic chicken and rice bowls featuring clean label Merrywood Farms™ or Chickentopia® no antibiotics ever chicken tenders and fresh vegetables. Be sure to practice safe poultry handling by using a food thermometer to ensure that the tender temperature reaches 165˚F. More food safety tips can be found here.
Honey Garlic Chicken and Rice Bowl
Makes approximately 30 servings.
- 90 Merrywood Farms™ or Chickentopia® chicken tenders
- 15 cups cooked jasmine rice
- 9 red bell peppers, julienned
- 9 yellow squash, thinly sliced
- 10 cups sugar snap peas or snow peas, cleaned
- 2 ½ cups honey
- 10 tbsp. soy sauce
- 10 tbsp. orange juice
- 4 tbsp. minced garlic
- 4 tsp. minced ginger
- 4 tsp. cornstarch
- 4 tbsp. canola oil
- In a small sauce pot, combine honey, soy sauce, orange juice, garlic and ginger. Bring to a simmer and whisk in cornstarch. Let simmer while stirring for 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Preheat oven to 400˚F. If oven has a convection feature, turn it on. Arrange chicken tenders on a parchment lined baking tray. Cook for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and crispy with an internal temperature of 165˚F, rotating tray once.
- Heat a large sauté pan and add canola oil and bell peppers. Cook on high heat for 1-2 minutes or until softened. Add squash and peas, and cook until tender. Season with salt.
- To assemble, place ½ cup of rice in the bottom of serving bowls. Add ¼ of the sautéed vegetables. Top with three chicken tenders and drizzle with honey garlic sauce. Serve immediately.
To find out more about how Somma Foods can provide nutritious, clean label products for you and your customers, contact us at 214.984.3600 or email us at email@example.com.